My Own Experience
I have been practicing Neelakantha Meditation for seven years and have experienced the following changes for myself:
- I used to often be anxious, and now I rarely am.
- I feel much more grounded and confident.
- I express myself with more clarity and authenticity.
- My emotions feel steadier.
- I feel more love and compassion for the people around me.
- I feel more connected with the earth and all of humanity.
- My business has flourished and my work-life balance is better than ever.
- I feel like I am constantly growing.
For each individual, the results of practicing will be a bit different, but the practice is always beneficial and results in their own growth. In the time that I have been practicing, I have seen profound effects in others. Some people who seemed harsh and cynical when I first met them seemed visibly transformed after just a few months of practicing--softer, brighter, bringing a calmness born of new insight. I have seen people access new fountains of creativity within themselves, in one case propelling the person into an unexpected new career. People’s lives grow and blossom in many unique and beautiful ways when they begin to regularly connect with their deepest selves.
Over the past three years, I have studied to become a teacher of this practice, which feels like a natural and exciting next step for me as a dedicated practitioner. The practice has greatly benefitted my own life, and I know that as more people learn the practice, it’s going to benefit them and the world in a positive way.
As of July 2016, I am delighted to now be an authorized teacher of Neelakantha Meditation as taught by Blue Throat Yoga! I am now offering individual meditation instruction in Berkeley, California and the San Francisco Bay Area.